Be aware that this blog is not defunct. Occasionally I add something new to the archive, which contains many profound or ridiculous things I have written. If you have any questions, please be sure to read the FAQ.
And if you are looking for my famous Ghost Story, it is here.
Cannon Beach, Oregon, 2015 Sep 17, 12:49PM
If You Go To Starbucks Often Enough
- Your clothes will begin to reek of coffee.
- You will see young men with Apple laptop computers programming smart phone apps.
- Ladies will sell each other Mary Kay cosmetics.
- The homeless will be there.
- Some of the homeless will bring their own laptop computers.
- There will be occasional prayer meetings.
- College students will study for their tests.
- A genuine lunatic will sit down and talk with you. You won't understand anything he says.
- You will eventually buy a Starbucks coffee cup.
- The decor will change at least once.
- A young man with a book by Dale Carnegie will sit next to you, smile, and compliment your Life is Good bill hat.
- People will play Scrabble.
- You will hear one of Bach's Brandenburg Concertos.
- Someone will walk in who is wearing outrageous bell-bottom pants.
- Someone will walk in who has on a leash a Great Dane.
- There will a fussy baby crying.